Did you know that
there are gifts that will multiply your happiness when you give them
away? Here are seven of those gifts. Giving these gifts will allow you
to share with others your most unique treasure: your authentic self.
Each gift will return to you many times.
As you read about each of these gifts, think about ways that you could
share that gift with someone today.
1. Share appreciation
Tell someone how much you appreciate the faith they've shown in
you. Thank them sincerely for being part of your life. Tell them how
much they are needed.
Feeling appreciated is one of the most important needs that people have.
When you share with someone your appreciation and gratitude, they will
not forget you. Appreciation will return to you many times.
2. Share time
Balance your time expenditures so you can spend time with the people
that you love. Support local organizations by sharing your special
talents. Volunteer time for projects that benefit others in your
community, country, and world.
When we slow down and observe our thoughts closely, we will sometimes
uncover gifts and talents we didn't know we had. Sharing time and
talents can result in discoveries that bring happiness beyond measure.
3. Share knowledge and ideas
Tell someone about a great book that you read so they can benefit from
it too. Teach a new concept or idea that you've learned.
One of the best ways to strengthen new concepts in your mind is to share
them with others. The more often you share what you've learned, the
stronger that information will become in your memory. Sharing knowledge
also provides solutions to problems. The more knowledge we share, the
more knowledge we receive in return.
4. Share friendship
Acknowledge someone's strengths. Let them know that you are willing to
be there when they need you. Visit someone you haven't seen for a long
time. Telephone friends or relatives who live far away. Introduce two
friends who don't know each other.
Bringing one individual into another's life can result in tremendous
changes for both people, and for you. We succeed with the help of
others. People grow by growing together. If you'd like to have many
friends, then share friendship with others generously.
5. Share kindness
Perform a random act of kindness for someone: a smile, compliment, or a
favor just for fun. These will multiply and spread very rapidly.
There is a powerful quote by Stephen Jay Gould who said, "The center of
human nature is rooted in ten thousand ordinary acts of kindness that
define our days." Kindness is priceless. The love, kindnesses, and value
we have given authentically to others will be our remaining treasures at
the end of life.
6. Share experience
Keep written or photo journals of your life: things you've done, places
you've traveled, things you've learned. Record successes and failures.
Share a happy memory. Also share the difficult times that have helped
you become stronger and wiser. When shared, the value of these
Our unique experiences and perceptions of life are priceless. Sharing
experiences will build one of the strongest bonds with others. Our
descendants can learn and benefit from our lifetime experiences for
generations to come.
7. Share enthusiasm
If you are excited about a new success, tell someone. If you're ecstatic
about a new project, show your glow. Your enthusiasm will inspire others
to move forward with actions that bring rewarding achievements.
Enthusiasm keeps us looking forward to the future. It brings many of
those exciting days that we can savor with gratitude. That kind of
glowing excitement for life is impossible to hide. It is contagious and
will quickly spread to others.
Think about this statement by Norman MacEwan: "Happiness is not so much
in having as sharing. We make a living by what we get, but we make a
life by what we give."
Sharing these gifts sends our thoughts on a far-reaching journey where
they will touch many lives, and reconnect with our own. Would you like
to receive these same life-enhancing gifts again and again? Begin
multiplying your happiness by sharing one of these special gifts with
50 ways to show your love
This list is designed to be a quick
check for you to review. Use it to give you ideas to maintain your
relationship, to give it a positive boost or just simply for some ideas.
Print this list off and give it to your partner and then take turns each
on fulfilling what each other wants.
1. Hug him.
2. Write a love note.
3. Call him at work just to say "Hi."
4. Give him a foot massage.
5. Tell him a joke.
6. Caress him with slow gentle strokes.
7. Go for a walk with him.
8. Admit your mistakes.
9. Say: "I love you."
10. Indulge a whim.
11. Listen to him talk about an interest of his.
12. Be trustworthy.
13. Instead of complaining, tell him what you would prefer.
14. Look at him when you're in a discussion.
15. Send him flowers. (They`re not just for us girls.)
16. Compliment something he did.
17. Offer to help.
18. Ask him to show you how to do something.
19. Write him a poem about how special he is to you.
20. Ask him what he'd like sexually.
21. Take an afternoon drive.
22. Go away together for a weekend holiday.
23. Do something he wants to do.
24. Listen to him (even if he is boring you.)
25. Plan a candle light dinner.
26. Look at old photos together.
27. Serve him breakfast in bed.
28. Take a shower together.
29. Share fantasies with each other.
30. Do a work project together.
31. Give a body massage.
32. Plan a picnic lunch.
33. Repeat what he says before answering.
34. Send him a card.
35. Surprise him with a gift.
36. Cook his favorite meal.
37. Put on some romantic music.
38. Put together a compilation tape of both your favorite songs.
39. Ask for his opinion.
40. Ask him how he feels.
41. Let him know when you are proud of him.
42. Invite him to a secret rendezvous.
43. Listen openly to his opposing opinion.
44. Watch his favorite TV program with him.
45. Watch a sunset together.
46. Play a game together.
47. Have him teach you something he knows.
48. Go to a movie of his choice.
49. Meet him for lunch.
50. Let him know you care
We’re teaching our kids to be consumers at an early age. Look at the
number of superhero and product endorsement Valentines on the store
We, as parents, are sucked in by the media to believe that we need the
latest, greatest gadget or fad for our kids.
Share your love by giving of your time, not your pocketbook. What can
you give your kids instead?
Here are 10 simple suggestions:
1. Slip a handmade valentine or a simple note into your child's lunch
2. Take a walk together in the woods or your favorite park.
3. Jot down a line from your favorite poem. Share it with family
4. Kiss your kids goodnight.
5. Read a chapter book together.
6. Have family dinnertime together.
7. Turn off the TV. Have a pizza night and rent and watch a movie
8. Have a picnic in the park after the soccer game instead of stopping
for a fast meal on the way home.
9. Have each family member write down one reason why they appreciate
every other family member. Write your reasons on a tag and use ribbon to
attach them to a batch of your favorite cookies. Let every family member
find his own special cookies.
10. Help your kids write a letter to a family member who lives far away.
Write the first few lines of a story and instruct the recipient to write
the next, and then return the letter. Your story can continue
This year, instead of store bought Valentines, give the gift of time